Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Ten on Tuesday.

1. The kids and I finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this weekend. I am so glad that Alla is loving to read books a second time so that we can share them with Fisher. He wanted to start Harry Potter tonight, and Alla climbed right on board even though she's well into the fifth book. In our family we write our name and the date on the title page of a book that we finish, and there must be half a dozen entries on this title page of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone between Ron, me, Alla and me, Alla by herself, and multiple re-reads by each of us. It's a wonder the book is holding up!

2. We got a little tiny bit of fresh snow and the temperatures rose out of the sub-zero range so we got out for a family nature walk on the weekend, some snow play after school yesterday, and yet another nature walk this morning. Sure is nice.

3. Fisher has kindergarten round-up tonight! This is one thing I know nothing about, since Ron took Alla to hers, and will be taking Fisher as well, but from what I understand, it's kind of an intro to kindergarten night for the Class of 2026. I'll be checking my math after I stop hyperventilating.

4. I am so excited to go with Alla's class on a field trip this week for a morning of snowshoeing! This is only because I made the same field trip myself a few weeks ago for some instruction so I could get my snowshoes figured out before the big day. Whew, big relief.

5. We'll be rooting for The Okee Dokee Brothers this weekend at The Grammy's! And if you're in So Cal, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't head up to The Mint for a rare LA show. I'm sorry you won't be here next week to see them at the Mall of America with us.

6. I have a vase of alstromeria that has lasted since my birthday. If it makes it to the weekend, that will be four weeks. I'd say run to your nearest TJs and try out a bunch of your own.

7. February is a short month. Good and bad. Good, because though it may snow in March it may also  melt and we will open the windows and our kids may find buckets of melted filthy snow left in the yard on a warm (sixty degree) day to throw upon themselves. Bad, because February is a short month, followed by March, the month my baby turns FIVE, which is hard on a mama's heart. I'm guessing he wants presents for his birthday, too, and February is a short month to figure that out.

8. I am very very much enjoying these "primal fudge" circles. Around here I'm just calling them 'those fudge things,' and I may or may not have polished off the last one tonight, so I suppose I'll be making more of those fudge things this weekend. Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day, Family, more than 'those fudge things.'

9. I am happy to report that I have finished The Passage and am well into The Twelve.

10. I am wondering if any of your children have as many stuffed animals as my daughter, and if so, however do you store them? Mine wants all of them out, accessible, all of the time. They are currently in the playroom, in an overflowing basket, and she would like to remedy this by getting them into her room, by which I mean the tiny room she shares with her brother. I would love a brilliant idea for how to make her (and I) happy, but in the meantime I have told her that this weekend she and I will photograph each of them and document their stories, because, miraculously she knows the story behind each of them. Like a good mama.

1 comment:

Amanda Cowan said...

Those primal fudge circles are on my list. I want to wait to make them for the next family dinner we do with Chris' family so I won't be stuck with the whole batch. I typically make coconut things (with actual coconut flavor, not just with coconut oil) because i love coconut. I'm in the minority though, and have been asked to make something peanut buttery. I'm glad to hear you like them, because now I'm that much more excited about it.

linkwithin

linkwithin