Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008!

Wow. Is it really 2008? I remember waking up to 2005 and thinking that it was our baby's birth year. And now it's three years later and our 'baby' is almost three, and the one in my belly has less than ten weeks to grow in there.

If you haven't made a resolution yet, it's not too late. I will even suggest one to you: make sure to check slickdeals every.single.day. Because yesterday I scored the slickest deal EVER: a 3+ pound box of See's chocolates for $1, with free shipping. It will be mine on January 7th.

A dear friend had her second baby boy on Monday, and is already blogging. (Do not expect the same from me.) Congrats Cathy and Rick! And welcome to the world, little Joey.

I got all sorts of scrapbook-reading goodness for Christmas: this and this. Such inspiration!

I'm also glued to A Thousand Splendid Suns. Ron got it 10 days ago at the library, so it's due on Saturday. But since he finished it early, and there's a ginormous wait for it, I'm determined to finish it.

Alla has become quite the little chocoholic.

And lover of oranges. Love.

Wish Ron didn't have to go back to work today. We miss him here.

My back officially aches. Driving sucks, sleeping sucks, sitting here blogging sucks. There must be SOME position that will feel normal.

I'm doing Photo-a-Day for the month of January again. Did that last year, included journaling with each 4x4 photo in an album (ok so the album hasn't been bound yet but I'll put it on my list), so I have a little description of each day/photo. Very fun look at your life when you take a shot a day. There is NO way I could ever commit to one a day for an entire year. But a month is do-able. Here's my shot for today, taking Nana & Pappi to the airport. Our house is awfully quiet now.
Round Two of Christmas is still to come. But for now, Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable, not too much longer though! You can count the weeks on your hands now--amazing how time flies! I've given up on buying scrapbooking books, looking for a scrabooker to hire, know of any?

Cathy Bolander said...

Sorry to hear you're uncomfortable. But look at it this way... 10 weeks from now you will be holding your new baby. I look forward to seeing your January photos. I just started my photo a week of Joey for his scrapbook & find that difficult enough. Couldn't imagine a photo a day for a year. Happy New Year & I'll keep my fingers crossed you find a comfortable position for your back.

Megan said...

My back was super achy the last whole trimester with Jacob. Hmmm, does that mean a boy? Curious! Hee hee I hope you get some relief soon so you can rest up. You'll be just a little busy in 10 weeks!

pakosta said...

LOVe your posts!
i am doing the photo a day for a year. i feel i can commmit to this finally. i am even printing a thumbnail and putting it in a journal page and journaling about what we did that day!!! it's so fun so far!!!
hope you get some comfort soON!
t

Susie said...

I think you're gonna get me in trouble wiht that slickdeals website- evil, J.

Happy New Year, friend. Only ten weeks to go?? :) Woohoo!

Amy said...

What a fun post, with so much goodness! Thanks for the referral. . . I know you told us about slickdeals years ago, but I just don't check it often enough. Must add it to the favorites!

Hope your achy back feels better soon. Sounds like a good excuse for a prenatal massage!

I'm looking forward to the photo-a-day!

Shelly said...

I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns - great book!! Going to check out slickdeals right now - would LOVE some chocolates right about now :-) We need to see you soon!!

linkwithin

linkwithin