1. It was a day of tours. First, a potential preschool observation this morning. Then, this evening, a tour of the maternity ward at our hospital-to-be.
2. Twice last night Alla woke us up to tell us she farted. Told Dada once, and Mama the next time. A real exciting night at the Killins home.
3. This morning Alla rediscovered Charlie Brown and played a rousing game of Hide and Seek with him. She says it like, "Trolley Browned," and then tells me, "Trolley Browned is the best!"
4. I'm down to 4-5 shirts that are long enough for this belly, one pair of jeans that I can actually say is comfy, and 2 sweatsuits that fit. Good thing I got some great stripey socks for my birthday so at least one part of me will be jazzed up. Another good thing - Ron found the hoodie of my dreams and it was delivered today.
5. I love Alla's can-do spirit. She says, "I can give it a try."
6. Here's an idea for your next playdate: host a pizza-making party. Do it after nap, like around 4 in the afternoon. The hostess provides the sauce and cheese. Each mama brings a crust and a topping to share. Everyone makes a pizza and goes home with dinner! We've done this twice in our MOMs Club and I think it is so fantastic.
7. Alla is obsessed with the show Birth Day. She says, "Look at the cutie!" when the baby comes out. I think she might qualify to be my birth coach with all the knowledge she's acquired from this show. Today she told me she was going to catch a baby when we went to the hospital for our tour.
8. I am making a valiant effort at Owen Meany with an old high school trick of assigning myself a certain number of pages per day.
9. We woke up to ZERO this morning. Zero and sunshine.
10. I stocked up at the Old Navy sale on Friday. Everything was 50% off the clearance price. Got some stuff for Pondegore, a sweater for Ron, some 4T jammies for Alla for next winter, and a whole slew of post-baby clothes for me that I can't WAIT to wear, even if they are just tees and sweats and a really comfy grey hoodie. I'm starting to look forward to warmer weather where I can wear a hoodie, a t-shirt, khakis, and flip-flops. And, yes, I realize the price of such comfy clothes: the hoodie will be hiding the spit-up on the tee. Until it gets spit-up on, too. I'm also aware of my hoodie obsession, thankyouverymuch.