Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Heart Thursdays.

Oh so you thought you were going to get the post about how the mama was just beside herself leaving her little girl on the first day of presschol.
I nearly skipped back to the car.

You thought I'd just weep in the parking lot for two and a half hours?

I sped to Target and Marshall's. OK, so I did buy the little girl a Valentine's present. Yeah I was thinking about her.

But seriously, Thursdays are the best. I'm running all over town crossing things off my list, unencumbered. Next week: massage. Check.
And, yes, the girl did fine. Great, even. She actually did gallop all the way to her classroom, quickly found something to play with, had to be reminded to wash her hands first, and then barely kissed me before she got busy again. That's how it went, honestly. She did not even see me walk out. Oh that might have been cause I was skipping.
But of course I had to capture her expression when she saw I was there to pick her up. Note to self: these things happen very very fast, just flip to auto mode next time. OK I had about five whole seconds to capture this because once she saw me she came BOLTING and that's really where a mama almost loses it, when she sees how the little girl is overjoyed to see her she becomes completely overtaken. So between that and her running to me, we definitely don't have a perfect picture, but what we do have is what I felt as she came at me. The hurriedness, the happiness, the excitement of her first day that she did all.by.herself.

13 comments:

erin said...

I heart Thursdays too! Hurray for big girls! (you AND her)

pakosta said...

too cute!
and my heart melts when i see her in that coat! she is getting some good use out of it!tara

Megan said...

I knew you both would do just fine. You take advantage of that free time. It won't be long until it's over. That feeling of being overtaken with joy/love/etc never goes away, no matter how old they are.

Dre said...

I heart thrusdays too! super cute! bet you can't wait for that massage :)

Cathy Bolander said...

I LOVE everything about the photo. Her smile, her pink backpack, her coat & how happy both of you were that first day.

Susie said...

well that's enough to make any mama's heart sing :) So fun!

Tasha said...

I think the photos look great, and the stories in them make them that much more amazing!

Sue Thomas said...

What a perfect day for both of you!!!!!

boo and stacy said...

ohh i want to eat her. her running to you is too precious! i heart alla.

Tara said...

oh, i am so happy Alla enjoyed her first day. Go ALLA!!!! Also, go Mommy for working on your to do list and taking time for yourself.

Amy said...

Oh, so special! What a wonderful day for you both!

Shelly said...

So proud of you Alla! And J.J....what great YOU time!

Rina said...

Seriously, those pics made me misty eyed. You captured the emotions effortlessly it seems. So ADORABLE!!!

linkwithin

linkwithin